
For anyone who knows me, I love to read and when I read a really good book I like to tell everyone about it. I just finished this book: "Three cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson that Darren's parents sent to us for Christmas (It was on my books to read list anyway.) I highly recommend it...it is very inspiring. It is a true story of the author Greg Mortenson and his quest to raise money and build schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan for girls. More info:http://www.threecupsoftea.comI really want to get involved with this and am going see what I can do with the pennies for peace fund raiser.
I have started to read: Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert. This was an "Oprah book" and I usually stay away from her club books since they tend to be a tragic life story of a women that endures hardships-which are not usually my favorite genre. A friend of mine highly recommended this to me and so far it is interesting. The author has a fun way of writing about her travels to Italy, India and Indonesia searching for spiritual enlightenment. If any of you want to read it with me and would like to have a discussion about it later let me know. I love discussing books!
1 comment:
Are you on goodreads? I'd love to see what other books you've read and liked!
Post a Comment