Sunday, December 16, 2007

I am writing this with the snow coming down outside, pretty hard. So hard in fact all of Darren's church meetings have been canceled and we are waiting for the call to let us know that the rest of church will be canceled today. It is forecast that we will get 5-9 inches, I think it will be more if it doesn't stop. We live in NH and you would think that the people here in New England are used to bad weather. Activities and school definitely get canceled more often here for a few inches of snow or sleet than anywhere else we have lived. The kids' school was canceled once two weeks ago and delayed for 2 hours last week, and we have only had snow for 2 weeks. Every year, we are surprised to hear that school will be closed because of weather when we look out and see only a couple of inches. Growing up in Utah, I only remember a "snow day" happening maybe 6 times my whole life, and in Minnesota we didn't ever cancel church for the weather. Here we have church canceled a couple of times every year. Oh, well...I guess I am not complaining! I won't have to sub in primary today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: